Just installed RH8 on my notebook which uses DHCP to get on my
LAN/internet. This in turn keeps asigning my notebook name to be
"dhcppc6" -- which aside from being asthetically unappealing, also
causes X/Gnome to give a warning each time it starts. How can I set my
notebook's hostname to be say, "localhost" or "dell" or something and
STAY that way? I've tried "hostname localhost" and it sets it for that
session but then gets reset. Ugh. I "grep 'hostname' /etc/" and saw
rc.sysinit has some stuff, but didn't seem obvious where to change?

DÆVID.