From: Mike Whorley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 November 2002 16:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ssh / https problems

I've got a rather nasty intermittent network problem on our Linux server that is degrading the services it offers.
Basically, we only allow HTTPS and SSH access to the box. After a certain amount of time, the server simply refuses to accept either type of request. Prior to this, would have been working fine.

Any connected SSH sessions are immediately terminated when the problem occurs.
The cure is to go to the console and restart the network service.
The problem is intermittent but does tend to occur most days. We are running red hat 7.3.
I'm very new to Linux with an SA background in HP-UX, are patches available for Linux that may address problems like these ?

Can anyone recommend any checks ?...there are no clues in the messages file.
Regards,
Mike.