Yoink! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> does this output from my box match yours?

> [...]

> if you don't find an error there, do a:
>  rpm -Va | egrep -v "tty|dev" and let me know what you get.
> [...]

Everything looks find.  But since I installed the latest kernel a couple
of days ago, the problem hasn't returned.  I'll keep my fingers crossed
that it has gone away for good.

> Also, do you log onto X, and if so, as what user?

Yes, I login as "nessus" at the first virtual console and then I run
startx.  Unless the virtual consoles are broken.  Then I ssh in from
another computer and run startx.