Not really too sure about the 1st 3 problems you are having, but to get
full 3d acceleration with the GF4 u will want the NVIDIA drivers
available from www.nvidia.com (there is a pretty comprehensive guide
about instalation available too) the nv driver is the open source
version of the driver, it ships with redhat, but if you have a slightly
out of the ordinary set up the redhat installer will default to the vesa
drivers. I would still recomend getting the propriety NVIDIA drivers
though, they give far better results, allowing you to play nice games
like quake 3, RTCW, UT2003. Some ppl say there are less stable, but i
have been useing them since their arrival and i've never had a problem.

Regards,
Adam