Hi Paul,

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, 7:39 AM, you put forth, in part, about "apt-get
failure":

P> I want to use the apt-get feature to keep Redhat 8.0 in tip top shape.
P> the sources.list file only has references to 7.3 and earlier.

P> I added 8.0  figuring there had to be a mistake that the elves did not
P> fix. The error  message is as follows: " Assertion  'res' failed"

How did you "add 8?"

P> Anybody know what the problem might be??????

You have to find a site that has apt repositories for RH version 8, and
add that to your apt source list.
                      http://apt.freshrpms.net/
--

Best regards,
 Gary

 Why is that when you transport something by car, it's called shipment but when you
transport something by ship it's called cargo?