I am bad, it does have an 8.o section, sorry...

Gary wrote:
Hi Paul,

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, 9:45 PM, you put forth, in part, about "apt-get failure":

P> rpm-src ftp://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/apt redhat-8.0-i386/redhat os
P> rpm-src ftp://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/apt redhat-updates-8.0/redhat os
P> rpm-src ftp://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/apt redhat-extra-8.0/redhat extra

This should work.  Try doing an apt-get update first (as root).

If this does not work, post the error code.  I have a friend who helped
write apt-get itself, as well as many other Debian fundamentals.  He can
hopefully give me the error code, and I will repost it.

Personally, I think it is the greatest thing since slice bread.  I use it
all the time for upgrades, updates... Am putting in a cron job to have
this done automatically.

--
http://www.winsweptrottweilers.com

ICQ# 55846749

Registered Linux user #191829

A Cherokee Prayer:

Oh Great Spirit,

Help me always to speak the truth quietly,

to listen with an open mind when others speak

and to remember the peace that may be found in

silence.