On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Will Phipps wrote:

> I am a newbie having some problems getting IMAP/sendmail to work with RH
> 8.0. Can someone please steer me in the right direction? Here are some of
> my config files to give you an idea of what I have and haven't done.

I also struggled a bit with this. Sendmail in RedHat 8 is by default
configured to NOT accept external connections (even if you do a Server
type installation).

Make sure you have the sendmail-cf package installed. Then comment out the
following line in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

Then create a new sendmail.cf file with the following command:
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

Hopefully this will solve your problems...

PS: taking backup of the old sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf is recommended.

Rune

I tried this and then ran the following netstat command with the listed output:

[root@myserver etc]# netstat -an | grep 'LISTEN '
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:139 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN