ifconfig

 Mike Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello everyone. I have installed Red Hat 8 professional. It is my first time installing Linux. I have a few questions. Some of the packages I installed using the "Package Management" tool are not showing up. For example. I selected "VNC" to be installed. It says that it is installed successfully but I can't find it anywhere. It isn't under any of the menus. Also... I installed Kerio mail server and can't find it. I have about 5 different things that I can't find. Am I assuming wrong by thinking it should show up under one of the menus? Also... I set it up to receive an IP address from my another dhcp server. Where can I check in Redhat to see what IP address it received? In W2k I can do an IPconfig. What do I do in Redhat?

Thanks everyone in advance...

Mike