On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Alex Chooi wrote:

> Hi! How's life out there? I'm new in Linux. Any commendation with this
> certification? I heard it is good Cos it cover most of the unix or linux
> favor. Please get advice? any recommend book for this ?

Any certificate is useless by itself. What matters is knowledge, experience
and a keen eye for details -- particularly when it cames to troubleshooting.

However having said that, sadly it happens that some people pay more attention
to the paper rather to the person, e.g. employers (hopefully only few of them).

LPI is supposed to be vendor independent, RHCE is more widely known. I doubt
very much that either of you will make you wiser.

If you are new to Linux then RHCE may prove difficult even if you are 'old'
to Unix. Don't know much about LPI.

So it boils down to: what do you need it for ? (you have to answer the question
only to yourself).

Disclaimer: I have the RHCE

Cheers,
--
Ryurick M. Hristev mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computer Systems Manager