wget -c url

you can even run it on remote machines and keep it going if _you_ get
disconnected if you run it within screen.

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net/~forrest

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great
nation, we must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect
our homeland."
    -- Adolf Hitler, on the creation of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany

PGP Key: http://truffula.net/~forrest/pub.key
8EC5 F031 E8BC 1BA7 B572  5C32 BAF4 2073 F96C 06AC