Disconnect your system from teh network.

Boot into single mode (at the LILO prompt, type "linux 1")

Change the root password.

Back up all your important data and configurations, and reinstall your OS.

And, in the future, keep up with all the errata that comes out for your
installatin.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org