Delao, Darryl W wrote:
I need to know the best way to configure an apache server to handle roughly
1000 requests at any given time.  I have seen where it is possible to change
some settings, then apache has to be recompiled.  Does anyone know what
these settings are and how to re compile apache?
Go search the archives:

I posted a fairly detailed list of instructions on how to recompile apache to support additional users.

The instructions apply to Apache 2.0 and Red Hat 8.0, however at the bottom, I also gave ideas on how to down port it to Apache 1.3.

Enjoy!
-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (from home)
Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc.