On Monday 09 December 2002 03:46 pm, Burke, Thomas G. wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
>       I've got to do some develompnet for a USB solution, & my Windows
> machine's USB stuff doesn't seem to be working.  Is it possible for
> me to install Win98 on my linux server, such that I can occasionally
> take it down & do development work on it?  I recall from days of old,
> that Windows had to be on the 1st hard disk, preferably on the 1st
> partition.  Is that still the case?  I dunno is I have much free
> space on the 1st HD, but maybe I can make something work.  How do I
> go about changing partition sizes & whatnot?

I've menaged to install Win98 on a second hard drive before. There is a trick
that you can do in the LILO config file so that win98 can load, eventhough
it's in the second hard drive, or not in primary partition.

I don't have it with me now, but if you want to I'll find and send the
lilo.conf file. I think I still have it.... somewhere... It's one of those
handy tricks that I tried to keep.

RDB
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML
\ /  email and proprietary format