At 09:46 AM 12/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:

On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:50:32 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:

*snip*
> So, am I missing something obvious?  Do I need to install an
> additional package to make this work?  modutils perhaps?

No. The module-info file is only for your Linux distributor's
installation and hardware configuration utilities which maintain
kernel driver entries in /etc/modules.conf. The file is not created
when building a kernel from source.
Huh. So, if I want or need to create a ramdisk image for the new kernel, how do I get mkinitrd to quite whining about not being able to find my ncr53c8xx module. The file (ncr53c8xx.o) is in the /lib/modules/scsi directory. Or should *I* quite whining and build a static kernel?

Thanks

-Jeff

Jefferson K. Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager
Standard School District
1200 North Chester Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93308
USA