I plan on trying out some network management type software on Redhat
8.0. I'm looking at playing around with OpenNMS, Nagios, and possibly
Big Brother. One thing I'm looking for is deduplication of snmp traps,
something like the commercial Micromuse Netcool product can do. If it
receives a trap that is the same as one it already has, it increases a
count or tally instead of looking at it as an additional trap.

Anyone know of any open source software that can do this? It's my
understanding that these products don't collect the traps themselves,
but rather they somehow use Redhat's trapd service, but either way, I'm
trying to find something that deduplicates or recognizes multiple alerts
for the same problem and somehow groups them so actions aren't taken
multiple times.

I don't know of a better place this post this question. If there is
please let me know.

Regards,
James