My company is to undergo a major change in host systems that will involve
upgrading/implementing roughly 100 PCs.  I see it as an opportunity to move all
users to Linux and away from Windoze.  Most PC use is generic email, web,
office applications -- got that covered with RH 8.0/OpenOffice.

Sticking point is *very* proprietary host system vendor.  In short, their end-
user solution is WinPC's running slightly tweaked Reflections R8.02 for
basically VT terminal emulation (some keymapping changes - which I have
documented).

I need to demo/implement a very user friendly solution in Linux PC clients.
Existing host system uses serial interface, but new system will be network
interface (thank God!).  So I need to demo a serial terminal emulation now, but
have an ethernet terminal emulation implementation on the "new" system.

I've done some digging in Google and found some scripts for xterm for VT220
emulation, but much more seems hard for me to find.  I'd like to stick with GPL
software, but will do otherwise if that is the "best" solution.  Anyone with VT
emulation experience who has time to help, I would appreciate it.

TIA,

Steve Anderson