From: "Matthew Boeckman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: Please give me at least one ideea!!! I am desperate!!!!

What MTA are you using to deliver to ISP2? Sendmail? Perhaps a better
solution than what you have below would be to install a web-based email
reader on your linux server (the one that retrieves the email from
ISP1). Then you could read and check the email on the linux box without
it forwarding to ISP2 which has the restriction.

I'm pretty sure you can filter based on size, with either procmail or
sendmail. Perhaps check the howto's for those applications...

HTH

Radu Popa wrote:

Hi!

First of all let me tell you this is the 2nd time I post this.....

Here's my scenario: I have a mail server on linux which is retrieving my
mail from my ISP1 account. Also the mail is kept on the mail server and
forwarded to another mail account (I'll call it ISP2) for the situation

I'm

not in the company so I can read my mail. My problem is that the account

am forwarding to has a limit of 5MB, so when someone is sending me a big
mail the message remains on the linux box, but he receives a message

from

the mail account on ISP2 that the delivery failed because the box is

full.

Is there any way to tell unix box not to forward messages bigger than x

MB?

Does anyone have any ideea?????

Thanks!

--
Matthew Boeckman (816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration Saepio Technologies