On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 11:11, RedHat wrote:
> I am very new to Linux and absolutely love it. I want to make the switch to
> Linux but I have some Windows based application that I can't be without.
>
> I have heard about running Windows apps on Linux but am not sure what I need
> to do. I am getting ready to load Red Hat 8. The apps that I am most
> concerned with are Cold Fusion Studio, Cold Fusion MX, and Photoshop.

What you're looking for is called wine.  Check out
http://www.winehq.com/ for more info... and
http://www.codeweavers.com/home/.  But even with wine loaded up, it's
not as if every windows app runs in Linux.  Rather a select set of
applications, that is constantly growing, runs in linux.  I don't think
Cold Fusion Studio is one of them however.  You should look for the Cold
Fusion MX for Linux, rather than try to run the windows version....
Ignore photoshop entirely!  Use the GIMP!  check out
http://www.gimp.org....

Anthony