From: James Pifer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 1:02 PM
To: RedHat List
Subject: Troubleshooting lockups....

We have Redhat 8.0 installed on a Compaq G2 DL360 Dual 1.4ghz/133mhz,
512 cache,  1280MB RAM, Smart Array 5i controller.

The problem is it locks up every so often. There's nothing significant
in /var/log/messages. Anyone having any problems with these systems? Any
suggestions on figuring out what is causing the problem?

We haven't done much because we're not really sure what to do in this
situation. No errors, no signs, all of the sudden, just stops.... It has
done this both with X windows running and with it not running. Right now
we're running top to see if it gives us any indications when it does
lockup. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of
Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential,
proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended
recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.