Hi,
   First of all, I must say that, currently, I'm using netcfg to
connect to the network as I couldn't make Xisp or ezPPP to work for
me.   While on the other hand, everytime I have to login as root to
connect to the internet (netcfg requires administrative privilage)
If you can tell me how can I give a normal user access to run netcfg,
I'd appreciate it!

Ok, now let's talk about those two utilitis.  ezPPP---I can dialout
and get connected...in about 1 minute, it will disconnect with "An
unexpected error in PPPD daemon"  --->This is regardless I'm root or
normal user.
As for the xISP goes....it doesn't even initialize the modem---

Anybody who has experience with any of these two app, or have any
other pointer for me, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Note:  I created a group call PPP  and I did chown root:PPP pppd   and
chmod XXXX pppd (according to somebody else's suggestion) but didn't
make any difference.

Its becoming very annoying as I only can connect while root so, when I
go to IRC or something, I get "don't connect as root" and disconnects
me.