Am Mittwoch, 21. November 2001 23:51 schrieb Andreas Dilger:

> So, you have a lot of bad inodes in /dev, do this (untested, but easily
> reversible):
>
> mv /dev /.badattr
> mkdir /dev
> lsattr -d /dev
>
> Hopefully /dev is created without any attributes.  If it is, then you need
> to find a directory which has no attribute bits set, create /dev there,
> and mv it to the root directory.
>
> cp -a /.badattr/* /dev
> lsattr -R /dev
>
> Hopefully all of the new inodes in /dev will not have attributes set.

You are the man!
They had not and I am up and running, now.

> Presumably, the reiserfs attribute code does not inherit attributes
> for files which do not support them (e.g. special files), because
> ioctls on these files will talk to the device/socket/etc instead of
> to the filesystem.  This might need to be fixed in the reiserfs patch.

Yes, I see some "garbage" all around.

> In the end, these attributes don't do anything bad for you, so they
> could all just be ignores.  You can put other bad files into .badattr
> until then also.

I even could delete it at least ;-)
My first try was to delete it under an older kernel.
That worked but I got some broken inodes through the next reboot cycle, again.

/dev/pts and /dev/shm

So during my "second" run I leave them alone and bingo.
I could delete them with "rmdir" (inclusive .badattr) after the next boot.

Finally I have 2.4.15-pre8 + preempt + ReiserFS A-N + Andrea Arcangeli's
00_lowlatency-fixes-3 up and running.

Now it is time to go to bed, get some sleep and have a really happy birthday.
No, I do not need congratulations from all around the world...;-)

See you.
        Dieter