On Monday, January 07, 2002 11:22:35 PM +0100 Dieter Nützel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday, 7. January 2002 13:11,  Russell Coker wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:11, pesarif wrote:
>> > 1. How big is the journal?
>>
>> 32M.  It is possible to change this, but currently that requires
>> recompiling  your kernel (and running an altered mkreiserfs).  Then a
>> regular kernel won't  mount them.  It's painful enough that you don't
>> want to do it.
>
> Oleg described here how you can do that.
>
>> Hans has announced plans to address this issue, I am looking forward to
>> a  version of ReiserFS that works on floppies.  ;)
>
> Chris has worked on this (dynamic journal size) for ages.
> He told me something about it in the year 2000?

Actually some of the namesys coders did this, it works pretty well.  The
current utilities have support for it, I expect the patches will get fed
into 2.5.x.

The patches probably need a small update to reflect the latest cleanups in
the kernel (a quick look didn't find it on the ftp site).

-chris