> Is there any way (at present) to gague how much of the journal is
> presently being used (high/low water marks perhaps?).
>
> My guess is a busy server will want a full 32M journal (maybe even
> larger) by my laptop will suffice with only a fraction of that.  It
> would be nice to measure this.

Speaking about measuring things, is there perhaps a document which discusses
reiserfs performance, and how to look for things to tune etc... I'm currently
running a very default reiserfs on top of 3 x 40GB IDE disks, and am wondering
how hard it is working, and whether I could tune it to be better...

I'm using 2.4.17pre8, ReiserFS 3.6.25
/proc/fs/reiserfs/device/super says:
mount options: BORDER TAILS LOG

on-disk-super says magic: ReIsEr2Fs (is this the 2.5 or 2.6?)

Thanks,
Adam