Am Montag, 23. Dezember 2002 12:37 schrieb Anders Widman:
> > We were discussing how to optimize reiser4 best, and came to realize
> > that us developers did not have a good enough intuition for what users
> > do that stresses their filesystem enough that they care about its
> > performance.
> >
> > If you just do edits of files it probably does not matter too much what
> > fs you use.
>
> depends  on  how  large  edits  =)..  Like  video-editing requires big
> r/w performance.

Like Andrew Morten suggest all the time (deadline IO tests):

Running (heavy) constant (streaming) IO in the background during "normal" IO
(20-40 parallel gcc/g++ compilers (make -j20) in my case).

WMs e.g. KDE 3.1 isn't a case any longer...;-)

Give your "workers" a break.
                        Merry Christmas!

--
Dieter Nützel