Markus Törnqvist wrote:

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:28:13AM -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:

2) You could sell the sources and the rights to do whatever you want,
except redistribute it.

Yes, I think this.

Hopefully people will send in features, then.

I think 5% of the cost of the storage hardware (including raid cards), which is about $5 for most people.

I'm not sure I follow. Buyers will tell you what hardware they have and
you will price it accordingly?
Good for large customers, bad for individuals...

Don't understand the last sentence.

We will throw in full reiser4 support, with cell phones of developers for persons spending at least $500.

Maybe user and corporate licenses separately?

I understood that a binary-only model would be in the form of a kernel
module? It may be the easiest method.

only user space portion will be non-gpl.

What about the ransomware idea, gpl when enough money is gained?

At the price of five bucks, I won't mind paying even if it isn't
ransomware, but I think ransomware will be more widely accepted...

I don't think the need for more reiserfs features whose development needs to be paid for is finite....

but hey, if some distro comes along and offers to sponsor us in return for a free resizer, they know where to email me.....

I need a business model that works well enough to pay the bills. The resizer is just one more experiment towards finding it.

--
Hans