Hans Reiser wrote:
Esben Stien wrote:

I really don't like that there is no undelete feature in reiserfs - it's not planned for reiserfs-4 either.

Blame Linus for that. I would put it in, but he thinks it belongs in userspace. I may still put it in someday and just not tell him.;-) I'll just let the users know about it and not him.;-)

He has some good points, though. If you're going to have a kernel, you want to keep it small, put stuff in only if it needs to be there. And how much speed do we lose by putting stuff in userspace, if we do it right? C'mon, if Doom 3 can run in userspace, surely some sort of trash can / recycle bin can, right?

Oh wait... Gnome/KDE already do that.