On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:40:51 -0800, Hans Reiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fixing hash collisions in V3 to do them the way V4 does them would
> create more bugs and user disruption than the current bug we have all
> lived with for 5 years until now.  If someone thinks it is a small
> change to fix it, send me a patch.  Better by far to fix bugs in V4,
> which is pretty stable these days.

As I understeand, tea hash is based on tea (tiny encryption aglo),
which was the cause of xbox-linux sucess, and few others.
Pleas consider updating it to use xxtea algo. I know, it won't be
backward compatbile, but well.
Where is about all the others, I don't use them, and for me tea is the
only resonable hash to use on systems where I have very much great
number of files per directory (to name it, Maildirs).
Never had such problem myself, every hash function has a weaknes.
Nothing new. But providing another, much stronger hash, or correct tea
hash to use xxtea, would be something good indeed.

--
GJ