Hello,

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:02:20 -0500
btinsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  | What i'm looking for is a check on a reiserfs filesystem that is
  | mounted read-write. Many modern filesystems, especially those on NAS
  | devices, can run periodic background consistency checks on filesystems
  | with almost zero impact on performance. Some devices are reportedly
  | running these checks constantly, possibly correcting errors without
  | user intervention... even a notification to a sysadmin would be a good
  | feature.

Last time i asked Hans about the possibility to have a --rebuild-tree (for
reiserfs) while the fs is online and mounted rw,
he told me to send 30.000 US Dollars in, and that it could eventually be done ;)

Sure lots of people would find this a killer feature, but someone will
definitely have to pay get such a feature implemented.

Thanks,

Philippe