Philippe Gramoullé wrote:

Hello,

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:02:20 -0500
btinsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 | What i'm looking for is a check on a reiserfs filesystem that is
 | mounted read-write. Many modern filesystems, especially those on NAS
 | devices, can run periodic background consistency checks on filesystems
 | with almost zero impact on performance. Some devices are reportedly
 | running these checks constantly, possibly correcting errors without
 | user intervention... even a notification to a sysadmin would be a good
 | feature.

Last time i asked Hans about the possibility to have a --rebuild-tree (for
reiserfs) while the fs is online and mounted rw,
he told me to send 30.000 US Dollars in, and that it could eventually be done ;)

Sure lots of people would find this a killer feature, but someone will
definitely have to pay get such a feature implemented.

Thanks,

Philippe
Then Hans should setup a paypal account for donations. I'd gladly give what I can spare, and I think so would a lot of people here.