On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:55:19 -0500
David Masover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:
> > Hello
>
> > reiser4 depends on several core kernel patches. I think you did not
> > apply them.
>
> What kind of symptoms would not applying them cause?  I grab patches
> from -mm, but only the ones with "reiser4" in the name.  They seem to
> work with minimal tweaking on my part, and no one said anything when I
> mentioned this before.  They do seem solid...

I think Vladimir is talking about the patches to the new inode
behaviour. I'm quite sure i checked the 2.6.13-rc4-mm patchlist about
the move-fs-to-new-behaviour-* patches etc. but maybe i should re-check
that. Currently I'm using 2.6.13-rc6-ck1 + reiser4 from 2.6.13-rc5-
mm1 and it works very well. So did -rc5 and -rc4. just wanted to give
new RTP patches a try.

But i don't want to steal the time of any devs here. It's more
important to get reiser4 merged to vanilla than spending time for a guy
who plays around with -rc kernels and -mm broken-out patches without
even the basic knowledge of C code to understand such compile errors.
 All i know that it maybe needs a 'select foo' somewhere or something.
It misses something...

But I'll just wait for stable 2.6.13 + RT and hopefully a reiser4
patch to it (or even r4 in vanilla? :)). If someone had known a quick
fix I would have been happy to continue testing around with RT etc, but
it's not worth to steal the time of the devs here :) sorry for bugging!

regards!
tom