studdugie wrote:
> Hello. I'm looking to replace a couple Berkeley DB data stores w/
> regular file system directories backed by reiserfs (3.6).

Why 3.6, and not 4?  I'll bet v4 is better at this.

> would really appreciate some feedback from the experts before I go
> ripping out the Berkeley DB code.

Others can answer the questions about whether the FS can handle it.  I
would suggest that you consider a real database, though, at least until
Reiser4 gets a good way (sys_reiser4?) of handling multiple files --
otherwise, you can expect to lose a lot of speed to all the open(2) calls.

I don't know anything about the status of sys_reiser4.  If it's almost
done, you may want to wait for it, but I don't think it's almost done.

Maybe MySQL would do the trick?  You may end up having to benchmark it
yourself...