Hello

Fionn Behrens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you may remember my recent "story from userland". Stubborn as I am, I
> decided to give 2.6.14 another shot for it. Following a recommendation
> found in the above mentioned thread, I tried the patch from
> http://iphitus.loudas.com/archck.php this time, which includes the
> latest reiser4 from mm.
>
> Unfortunately I once more hit the wall and was forced to go back to
> 2.6.11 (including another --build-fs run to regain compatibility with
> the old but working reiser4 drivers). I wish there was a mount option to
> exclude the new extensions so I can test new kernels without losing half
> a day for fscking when things get whacky.

Did fsck.reiser4 say you that you have to --build-fs?

> This time suspend seemingly works without reiser4 processes freaking
> out.
> But now it looks like any time any mmapped file is synced to a reiser4
> partition, the process who tries to do that will freeze forever. In

Can you please check what fs/reiser4/reiser4.h:REISER4_USE_EFLUSH is set to?
If it is 0, please try your test having it set to 1.

> addition, any process trying to access the open mmapped file afterwards
> will freeze forever as well. I created a screenshot of an strace running
> while this happened. Find it at http://fionn.de/reiser4again.jpg

If the above does not help  - would you please set up either sereial console or
netconsole and catch sysrq-T output with its help?