On Di, 2005-11-01 at 19:25 +0300, Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:

> Fionn Behrens wrote:
> > Unfortunately I once more hit the wall and was forced to go back to
> > 2.6.11 (including another --build-fs run to regain compatibility with
> > the old but working reiser4 drivers). I wish there was a mount option to
> > exclude the new extensions so I can test new kernels without losing half
> > a day for fscking when things get whacky.

> Did fsck.reiser4 say you that you have to --build-fs?

Yes, after I went back to 2.6.11 I tried "--fix" first but it said
indeed that I have to "--build-fs" and so I did.

> > But now it looks like any time any mmapped file is synced to a reiser4
> > partition, the process who tries to do that will freeze forever. In
>
> Can you please check what fs/reiser4/reiser4.h:REISER4_USE_EFLUSH is set to?
> If it is 0, please try your test having it set to 1.

It is set to 0. I changed it to 1. What is the supposed result of this
change?
I am somewhat reluctant to try it and risk yet another two hours of
fschecking. Maybe tomorrow night. If it doesnt work again, I'll get you
some screenshots of the fscheck, too.

> If the above does not help  - would you please set up either sereial console
> or
> netconsole and catch sysrq-T output with its help?

Would another "screenshot" do the trick as well?

br,
        Fionn
--
I believe we have been called by history to lead the world.
                                                 G.W. Bush, 2002-03-01