Artur Makówka wrote:
My slowdown problems are on my web server, so its concerning different things than Evolution. but this slowdown was very easy to notice when writing something with vim.

Anyways, i remembered that i was using stable kernel without this happening some time ago. So i tested 2.6.14.x , 2.6.13.x mm and 2.6.13.x , and i still had system crashes. so i downgraded to 2.6.12.6 and the system is stable for more than 24 hours (first time in this month or even longer!)

probably some processes were doing fsync often (or something similar) and the effect was raising LA and lock-up at the end.

anyways, 2.6.12.6 (but other than .6 probably too) is, i think, bug free. maybe this will help.

ok, now im 100% sure that 2.6.12.6 kernel + 2.6.12-3 reiser4 patch doesnt have this fsync bug, or at least its not causing any big slowdowns. The difference is really noticable.

I don't know if i can do anything more to help you fix this bug. But do you know is it going to be fixed soon ?

Thanks in advance