Hello,

I just saw a thread on the LKML a minute ago asking about the state of
getting the patch into vanilla linux. I read Andrew Morton's post
about a month ago stating that it could happen soon, but was unlikely
due to there not actually being a need for it to go into mainline (no
major distro default, etc...). I was wondering, myself, earlier in the
day what the state of the patch was, if anything further has been said
about getting it into mainline. Was also wondering if there was a lot
of work going into it right now, or are people tied up doing other
things?

If anyone has time for an answer it'd be appreciated by everyone I'm sure,

Gratefully,

avuton