> AFAIK, the most recent reason why reiser4 does not get included is that
> reiser4 developers have to change reiser4 to use generic code to
> implement read/write.
> AFAICS, reiser4 developers do not work on that.
Has this really become a reason to not include reiser4 into mainline?
I also don't see a reason for that - at least it would bind reiser4
more close to linux making ports to other OS harder.
Furthermore if it would decrease performance its simply no way to go.

(btw. I think this could be a way to generate some revenue - I think
there is demand for a modern fs which is supported by both, windows
and linux).

lg Clemens