Hi,
>> of the movie. Now, just to know the format, I played it again, and as it
>> began, it blocked again... not even knoppix is downloading on the
>> background.
I just wanted to note that i observed that same bahavior. I tried
various things, like changing the kernel from preemption to no
preemtion, trying the various IO-Schedulers and trying 2.6.15, 2.6.16
and 2.6.16-mm1. In the end i found out that there was a MAJOR
performance gain by adding the noatime mount option. Before i added that
I had to wait up to 20 minutes sometimes and now it doesn't stall more
than a few seconds, but it still does. Seems like reiser4 has very big
performance problems with the writing of atimes.

Another problem i had was specific to the reiser4-for-2.6.16-1.patch.gz
patch. I got a kernel crash two times now, but wasn't yet able to log
the error message anywhere because it would not let me write to the
reiser4 partition after the error. It never corrupted any data though,
fsck.reiser4 always reported a consistent fs. I'll try to trigger that
problem again and make another post.
--
|       Michael Weissenbacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       |