Pysiak Satriani wrote:
Hello,

one of the concerns of LKML folks about r4 is that namesys after
finishing their work with r4 will "rush off" to reiser5 leaving
r4 as "stable" in a "bugfix-mode only"

But a question arises. Will namesys keep r4 in a bugfix-only mode
(as with reiserfs v3) or will it have resources planned not only
for bugfixes but for updates too ?

As I understand it, r4 is currently not finished, especially comparing the whitepaper with reality. So, while the features that are finished are mostly stable, I can't imagine them rushing off to v5 without finishing the features originally planned for v4.

Examples would be pseudofiles, custom plugins (per-file and per-directory, also), a repacker, fsync optimization, a crypto/compression plugin...

Ultimately, this may happen, but by then, I expect v4 would be fairly stable and complete. Besides, bugfix-only does imply bugfixes, which is about all most other filesystems get these days...

Disclaimer: I don't work here. If you want a definitive answer, wait for someone at Namesys to confirm or deny what I've just said.