Marcos Dione wrote:
On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:38:40AM +0400, Edward Shishkin wrote:

Marcos Dione wrote:

  hi all. I'm having problems checking a reiser3 filesystem.
reiserfsck says:
bread: Cannot read the block (27887610): (Input/output error).

  I passed badblocks over the partition and found 61 bad sectors
(which I know is bad),

did you specify reiserfs block size (via option -b) when creating a list
of bad blocks?

    dunno which is the block size. tried to figure it out, but (from
dmesg trying to mount the partition):

debugreiserfs /dev/sda1
then look at Blocksize it the output

ReiserFS: sda1: journal params: device sda1, size 8192, journal first block 18,
max trans len 1024, max batch 900, max commit age 30, max trans age 30

    and:

$ sudo reiserfstune /dev/sda1
reiserfstune: Filesystem looks not cleanly umounted, check the consistency
first.

    I assume it's the 8192 the kernel reports...

it would be better to create a backup on a spare bigger partition
using dd_rescue (pad not recoverable zones with zeroes), then run
fsck on the created image.

    unluckly I can't. it's a 160 GiB partition and I don't have spare
space.