Marcos Dione wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 08:23:30PM -0500, David Masover wrote:
it would be better to create a backup on a spare bigger partition
using dd_rescue (pad not recoverable zones with zeroes), then run
fsck on the created image.
   unluckly I can't. it's a 160 GiB partition and I don't have spare
space.
How much spare space do you have? You may be able to do some tricks with dm_snapshot...

    right now, I have 45 MiB of space in my spare disk. I *could*
(should?) make more space, but can't guarrantee anythung.

That won't be enough. Worst case, decide whether the data on that 160 gig partition is worth buying a cheap 200 or 300 gig drive for this backup.