Are you still able to mount the fs read write?  If so, you might see if you
can find files to delete, or possibly the 4G file was hardlinked to somewhere
else.  This should list all files on the partition with the largest last.

find -type f -exec du {} \; | sort -n

Then wait a long time.
Does that turn up anything interesting?

KDE has a nice "file size view" graphic tool as a kpart for konqueror.