On Dienstag, 19. November 2019 07:19:57 CET, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
On 2019-11-18 23:29, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El divendres, 15 de novembre de 2019, a les 23:43:42 CET, Tobias C.
Berner va escriure:
Hi there

I noticed three issues so far in the tarballs while building:
kate: https://people.freebsd.org/~tcberner/logs/kate-19.11.80.log
(fails to build, trunk succeeds)

This one is actually a bit tricky, the problem is that the packaged
tarball needs a
   find_package(KF5 ${KF5_REQUIRED_VERSION} REQUIRED COMPONENTS I18n)
on the root CMakeLists.txt otherwise the
   ki18n_install(po)
injected by the packaging scripts will fail.

I'm proposing bringing it back with a comment so it doesn't get removed again?

I'm CC'in some people for opinions.

Cheers,
  Albert
Hi,

If adding that back fixes this, please so with some comment to avoid that accident in the future.

https://phabricator.kde.org/D25410
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25411
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25412

Those should fix the most apparent issues introduced by that commit.

With my packager hat on: I'm not a fan of such implicit discovery of dependencies and "the find_package(Foo QUIET) .. if(NOT Foo_FOUND) return()" style somewhere in the leaf CMakeLists.txt files, because it makes possibly missing dependencies (and depending on that functionality) not really obvious.

Cheers,
Heiko