On Monday, 22 July 2024 01:44:13 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El diumenge, 21 de juliol del 2024, a les 21:49:50 (CEST), Friedrich W. H. Kossebau va escriure:
Hi,

I have to request an exception to the Gear 24.08 dependency freeze for
kdevelop & kdev-php:

There is a hard dependency on a yet to be released version of kdevelop-pg-qt
(on own release schedule, not part of Gear). ...

Seems reasonable to me regarding the KDE Gear plans.

+1 sounds like the best alternative out of the current situation.

Regards,
Heiko

Background:
kdevelop (qmake plugins) & kdev-php use kdevelop-pg-qt to generate some
parsing code. The currently released versions of kdevelop-pg-qt have
Qt5-only code in the deployed utility headers, which are used from the
generated code (e.g. QString::midRef). ...