FWIW, I did not use the term "creationists" pretty much for the reasons proffered by Eugene. And also because I cannot prove, scientifically or otherwise, that there is no creator and that there are no ongoing acts of interference by a creator in the ordinary activity of evolution. I believe that there is no creator, but that is not saying the same thing as there cannot be one. Since I cannot disprove the existence of such a creator, it seems to me that it would be appropriate for a teacher to consider the arguments of intelligent design advocates in a science course. But it would be more appropriate to leave them out as being quite fully outside the bounds of modern scientific understanding.

But to be a young earther one must reject huge amounts of physics, chemistry, astronomy, and biology in ways I cannot accept as within the bounds. And so I think the narrow analogy is apt.

But to return to the thread, the facts of the case really matter and would affect my assessment of the situation. I do not think one needs to teach all about Islam and Confucianism and Hinduism and Buddhism and Judaism, or even much about them or their cultures to teach something useful about European history. But I think any version of European history - great person, intellectual, political, social, economic, cultural, religious, what-have-you - can be enriched by some added perspectives.

Steve