You think that at any time in the 20th century the term "Bill of Rights" referred to 12 articles instead of the first 10 ratified amendments? Let me see the history to prove that assertion. Your assertion on this list is the first time I have ever heard the US Bill of Rights as other than the first 10 Amendments. Also, the stone in the frieze is not in the traditional form -- if the artist wanted to call to mind the 10 commandments, why not the standard tablet iconography.

Jim, you are just wrong on this one in terms of what the "Bill of Rights" means. You may be right as to the I-X on the frieze represents the 10 Commandments -- I doubt it in light of what I have seen so far, but it might.

Steve
--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar vox: 202-806-8017
Howard University School of Law fax: 202-806-8567

"There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live."

James Truslow Adams