-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jean Dudley
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:22 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Rights of clergy regarding same-sex marriage?

I'm of the mind that the recent decision from Judge Robert Kramer in
California regarding gay marriage in that state is another step in the
march towards the eventual breaking down of the societal prohibition on
same-sex marriage.  One of the arguments I've heard against it is that
the "guvmint" will force religious leaders to perform same-sex
marriages against their conscience.  How real is this argument?   Are
clergy "forced" to marry mixed-race couples against their will?
--
Edie
"A man without doubts is a monster"