From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Graber
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 12:12 PM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: RE: Nullifying RLUIPA

Question.  In the mainstream branches of Christianity, is there any holiday where persons have a religious obligation to get drunk.  I'm fairly, though not 100% confident that many Jews believe there is a religious obligation to drink to excess on Purim.  Assume I am right, might one infer the following.  Religious practices such as Seder Wine will merit protection to the extent they have analogies to Christian practices (communion wine).  To the extent they are different, they are unlikely to be protected.  I should emphasize, that I do not think Doug was making this claim, but am worried that this might be a possible outcome.

Mark A. Graber.