Bobby Lipkin says that I can't be what I say I am, because a "libertarian/social conservative" is an oxymoron (kind of like Subtantive Due Process, maybe?).

Almost no one is a 100% libertarian. Lots of liberals who consider themselves libertarian support all sorts of laws restricting economic liberty such as minimum wage laws, antidiscrimination laws, high taxes, school taxes that restrict educational choice by funding a government educational monopoly, etc.

I strongly support the liberties (including the economic liberties) expressly contained in the written Constitution. I go to the wall for speech, free exercise, the protection of property from uncompensated takings (including regulatory takings), etc. I don't find any constitutional protection for sodomy and abortion. Substantive Due Process is just a nice name for judicial tyranny. Moreover, I believe that sexual conduct is not merely personal and private, but has enormous third party consequences (abortion kills a third person; stds are a major health problem; illegimacy results in poverty and children denied the presence of a father; civil marriage involves societal recognition and support of relationships and serves an educative function for society about the ideal of marriage as the foundation of society).

So I am a libertarian in the sense that I support a state with low taxes and lots of freedom of speech, religion, school choice, property and economic liberties, etc. But I am a social conservative because I believe that the sexual revolution has been deadly and has imposed enormous costs (abotion, illegitimacy, disease including terminal and incurable diseases) on society.

Cheers, Rick Duncan