From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brad M Pardee
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:44 PM
To:
Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: FYI: An Interesting "See You at the Pole" Case

Joel,

Not that Rick needs me to defend him, but I don't think this is a fair characterization of what Rick has said.  He's been quite explicit that, if a person doesn't want to discuss the issue, then nobody should force the discussion.  And he hasn't even come close to suggesting that there is any justification for physically abusing children.  It would seem to me that fair-mindedness requires a response to what he has actually advocated instead of something he has never advocated and I think I can confidently say, never would.

Brad

Joel wrote:

Rick will continue to say my children must be hassled and in some cases physically abused as the cost of public school accommodation to free speech and the religion clause.