In a message dated 11/4/2005 1:23:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The idea that religion must be the basis of any good morality--concern and respect for others--is question begging, and I must say, with all due respect, offensive. And, of course, it completely ignores all the wars and violence throughout history based, at least in substantial part, on religion.
If I offended, I apologize.  I found the NYAG's myopic failure to recognize the value of hospitals, universities, savings and loan institutions, soup kitchens, vocational rehabilitation programs, benevolence funds, etc., to be offensive.  These unassailable and yet annoying things, these facts, just cannot be swept under the rug with the convenient but inelegantly fitted charge of martial cruelties.

Jim Henderson
Senior Counsel
ACLJ